About Recruitment & Classification (R&C)
We are R&C. How May We Help You?
Our division's primary responsibilities include:
R&C is here to answer your questions about career movement, including hiring, promoting, and transferring; how the Civil Service Rules are applied; understanding the promotional and staff reduction processes, what are job classifications vs. job descriptions, and much more.
We also offer County Career training courses that will help you to maximize your growth potential and give you insight into the competitive recruitment, examination, and hiring process. In County Career training you will learn how to:
- Produce a better Job Application
- Provide the kind of responses to Supplemental Questions that make your qualifications stand out
- Respond to questions in the HR Oral Interview Examination
- Prepare for the Department Selection Interview and anticipate what hiring managers are looking for
Supervisors & Managers
R&C Analysts are here to help you with:
- Questions about employment and classification
- Complete recruitment plans
- Civil Service interpretations
- Layoff process interpretation and administration
- Your department classifications and organizational structure
Contact your department's assigned R&C Analyst for more information and assistance.
Benefits for Employees and Retirees
Medical, dental, and vision plan options; life & disability insurance; health and dependent care reimbursement accounts; patient advocacy; staff development and wellness programs; and employee assistance plans.