Volunteer Opportunities with Animal Services
How to Volunteer
- Review our age requirements and list of Volunteer Positions below
- Complete the Volunteer Application and email it to SCASVolunteers@sonoma-county.org (if under 16, your parent or guardian will also need to complete an application)
- Recieve an email response from us with details for our next Volunteer Orientation, RSVP if you can attend (Volunteer Orientations are held once a month)
- Attend Orientation and our Pet Enrichment Sessions, tour the facility, sign our Code of Conduct and Volunteer Policies forms
- Complete our required Online Trainings- Volunteers over 18 must complete the California Harassment Prevention Training (approx. 1 hour), Dog Volunteers must complete the Fear Free Shelter Training (approx. 5 hours) You will receive links and details of these trainings after you attend Orientation
- Submit your training certificates to SCASVolunteers@sonoma-county.org
- Send us your shirt size and a photo of you for your name badge
- Sign Up for your first shift once you receive the link to our Sign Up Genius! Our shifts are in 2 hour blocks. Typically our volunteers come in 2-20 hours per week depending on their schedules. The Sign Up link will be provided upon receipt of the above listed items. Dog Volunteers will recieve 1-1 training on their first shift.
Please Note: Our Volunteer Hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10am-4:30pm. The Shelter is closed Sundays and Mondays.