Case of Excellence
The Case of Excellence showcases excellence in service performed by Count employees and volunteers and is located across from the Board of Supervisors Chambers. Items are submitted for display quarterly in the months of January, April, July and October. Items that do not make the display case are noted on the recommendation form.
- Human Resources Program Coordinator emails submission reminder memo and recommendation form to Department Heads and Case of Excellence contacts 4 weeks prior to the case change meeting.
- Case of Excellence contacts send submissions with recommendation form to Human Resources Program Coordinator. Clearly print the first and last name of individuals and their division (if applicable) on the recommendation form.
- Case of Excellence Committee (Committee) meets to change case. The following guidelines are used for displaying submissions.
Guidelines for Case of Excellence Meetings:
- Black out personal addresses (phone, email, etc). Business addresses may remain.
- Black out names where the issue is sensitive (criminal, abuse, disputes, etc).
- Highlight names of those being recognized.
- Note the division, department on submission form (if the department has not done).
- Paste department name on items.
- A Committee representative sends the Case of Excellence contacts individual acknowledgment letters to be forwarded to the individual being recognized.
- When the previous submissions are removed, a Committee representative will return the submissions to the department contacts o distribute to the individuals being recognized. These materials are often also copied to the honoree’s personnel file. A database list of names of honorees is maintained and displayed during Public Service Recognition Week.
Case of Excellence Form (PDF: 62 kB)