Skip to Content

Vital Records FAQs

For Your Information 2

Important Notice

Important Information 75x40This information has been provided for your convenience.  However, the Clerk-Recorder’s Office cannot give legal advice and, therefore, suggest that you contact your own legal advisor to assist you.

Where do I get my divorce paperwork?

The Sonoma County Clerk-Recorder has no information or records for divorce.  You will need to contact the Sonoma County Superior Court, Family Law Division.

Sonoma County Superior Court, Family Law Division

How do I correct or amend a birth or death certificate?

The Sonoma County Clerk-Recorder’s Office cannot correct or amend birth or death records.  These records can only be amended by the California Department of Public Health. 

California Department of Public Health