Consumers should be wary of solicitations requesting fees ranging from $100 - $500 for services that are offered at our office for a substantially lower cost or at no charge.
Property Assessment Profile / Grant Deed
Sonoma County residents have received solicitations from a private company encouraging them to obtain a copy of their Property Assessment Profile, which includes a “complimentary” copy of the current Grant Deed, for $95.00. This data is available from our office for a nominal fee.
Property Profiles are available from the Assessor’s Office for $7.00.
Grant deeds are available from the Recorder’s Office for a nominal fee. To purchase the document online for $4.00 per document (plus a $2.00 transaction fee), look up your document on our Sonoma County Document Records Search.
Fictitious Business Names
Sonoma County business owners have received solicitations from a private company encouraging them to renew their Fictitious Business Name Statements for a fee of $159.00. Business owners can deal directly with the County Clerk’s Office when filing.
Customers have two options when filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement. With either option, the cost of filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement is $55.00 for the first business name and the first owner name. Each additional name is $9.00. Forms are available in our office and online.
Sonoma County residents have received solicitations from a private company encouraging them to obtain a certified copy of their property Grant Deed for a fee of $89.00.
Typically the Grant Deed is mailed to the new homeowner after the purchase is finalized. However, the public may request a certified copy for a nominal fee.
- Customers have the following options when requesting a copy of their Grant Deed:
- Online: Look up your property using the Sonoma County Document Records Search. The cost of downloading an official record is $4.00 per document. A certified copy can also be ordered for shipment. The cost for a certified copy is the same as an In Person transaction.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted, although a $2.00 convenience fee is charged per transaction
- In Person: The cost of an official record is $5.00 per page - for a certified copy, the cost is an additional $4.00 per document.
- Payment can be made by cash or check. Credit and debit cards are accepted, although a $2.50 convenience fee is charged with the usage of a card.
- By Mail: Look up your property using the Sonoma County Document Records Search to find out how many pages in your deed. For an official record, enclose $5.00 for each page - for a certified copy, enclose an additional $4.00 per document.
Mail your request to:
Attn: Copy Desk
585 Fiscal Drive Room 103 F
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Mail processing time is 2 - 3 weeks.