- Search Our Records
- Notarizations and Certifications
- Clerk-Recorder Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Legislative Updates
- Boards & Commissions
- Back to Professional Registrations
The staff of the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor's Office are forbidden by California legal codes to practice law or provide legal advice; this prohibition includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.
What is a Professional Photocopier?
A "Professional Photocopier" is any person who for compensation obtains or reproduces documents authorized to be produced, and who, while engaged in performing that activity, has access to the information contained therein.
Registering as a Professional Photocopier
- Complete registration form (available at the County Clerk-Recorder office).
- Obtain a Professional Photocopier bond in the amount of $5,000.00.
- Pay all applicable fees
- $182.00 for the registration and ID card ($107.00 if registered process server)
- $14.00 for first page of bond, $3.00 each additional page, to record the bond
- Visit the County Clerk-Recorder Office in person between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays or Wednesdays between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm with all required documents and valid form of payment for all fees
Note: At least one person involved in the management of a professional photocopier shall be required to hold a current commission from the Secretary of State as a notary public in this state. Proof of current commission is required at time of filing.