- Search Our Records
- Clerk Services
- Vital Records
- Recorder Services
- Notarizations and Certifications
- Clerk-Recorder Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Legislative Updates
- Boards & Commissions
- Back to Fictitious Business Names
FBNs must be filed in the Sonoma County Clerk-Recorder’s Office prior to publication
- Instructions on publication will be provided upon filing.
All original filings as well as new filings with any changes from the previous filing must be published.
- Must be published in an adjudicated newspaper Once per week for four consecutive weeks.
First publication must begin within thirty (30) days of the date the statement was filed in the County Clerk's Office. Proof of publication must be filed in the County Clerk's Office.
- Please check with the newspaper to see if they will forward the original to our office for filing.
Renewals that have no changes from the previous statement do not require publication