The Lower Russian River Municipal Advisory Council (River MAC) is established to advise the Board of Supervisors and other County decision makers on proposed projects located within the MAC and related topics of interest relating to the Lower Russian River region, to provide a regular forum for citizen participation in the formation of advisory recommendations on those decisions and to provide a bridge for communication between the County and local residents and businesses, and the general public on local government decisions affecting the Lower Russian River.
In order to facilitate community engagement, the River MAC will make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and other County decision makers on the following Advisory Topics:
- Use Permit Applications when referred by the Permit and Resource Management Department
- Rezoning applications when referred by the Permit and Resource Management Department
- General Plan Amendment Applications when referred by the Permit and Resource Management Department
- Prioritization of Transportation and Transit Improvements when requested by the District Supervisor
- Health and Human Safety-Net Services when requested by the District Supervisor
- Additional Topics Requested by the District Supervisor
Section 2. The duties of the River MAC shall include:
- Hold regular open and public meetings;
- Study and analyze the Advisory Topics;
- Keep the District Supervisor informed of any issues related to Advisory Topics within the community;
- Provide advisory recommendations on the Advisory Topics and annual reports to the Board;
- Comply with Sonoma County Municipal Advisory Council Policies and Procedures
- Conduct outreach in the community, as broadly as possible, to inform about the existence and role of the MAC, to invite input about all issues that affect the community, and to disseminate information about county issues, meetings and decisions.