2023 Sonoma County Homeless Point-in-Time Count Volunteer Registration Now Open- January 27th !
Published: January 05, 2023
Friday, January 27, 2023, is the Sonoma County Point-in-Time (PIT) Street Count for all populations of person’s experiencing homelessness. The Count is a requirement for receiving federal homeless assistance funds and provides critical data used to understand homelessness locally and to support strategic decisions about our program. We hope that you are able to help by participating this year!
This year, we will resume regional deployment sites. We will have 5 regional deployment sites located in North County, West County, Sonoma Valley, Petaluma and Santa Rosa; locations will be announced at a later date.
General Count Information
- Grab your team’s email addresses (2-3 people) and have one member of your team register your team. If you are signing up as an individual, you can be paired with a team at a later date.
- Register your team to volunteer below by using the registration link. Within a couple of weeks, you will be contacted by a PIT Count administrative leader and you will together determine which routes your team will be responsible for. Once this is determined, this route will be yours and you will be sent a confirmation email with a PDF map of your route areas that will enable you to practice or scout in advance of PIT count day. Large, hard copy maps will be available to pick up day of the count at each deployment center.
- Prior to Friday, January 27th, you’ll receive a link to download the smartphone app. Please download the survey 123 app from your phone’s app store and complete the training during the indicated timeframe.
- On the day of the count, your team will meet at the designated deployment site and be assigned a guide if one is available, but is optional. Petaluma and Santa Rosa sites will deploy at 5:00am, all other regions of the county will deploy at 6:00am.
- Once your team is ready, you can hop in the car and drive your route during the designated 4 hour drive/walk window. There will be five deployment sites you can check in with in person if any questions arise.
- You will be using the smartphone app to do a visual tally count of those unsheltered persons you see in your designated route area. Don’t worry! You’ll get virtual training on how to download and use the app.
- Celebrate! Once you cover your entire route visually, you will check in with the administrator leader at the deployment site (if needed). The administrator leader will confirm you have uploaded your data and don’t have any questions or observations to share and then you’re done. Thanks for participating!
Things you’ll need for the count
- A charged smartphone
- A vehicle
- The knowledge you’re doing important work!
Volunteers will be asked to work in teams and drive all assigned routes from approximately 5:00AM to 9:00AM on the morning of Friday, January 27th, 2023.
For more information and to register for the count, please use the following link: https://asr.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8Ica9S7b3cMsb8W
Please send any questions related to the Homeless Count to Karissa White, Continuum of Care Coordinator at Karissa.White@sonoma-county.org or by telephone at 707-565-1884.
Thank you for your interest in the 2023 Sonoma County Homeless Point-in-Time Count!