A Day to Give Back to Your Community! Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Published: July 11, 2018
Join County of Sonoma and City of Santa Rosa employees for an engaging Day of Caring working on a wide range of projects benefitting the community! We saw the resilience in our community through the tragedy of last year, and as employees we would like to give back and show that we are resilient, we care, and we are #SonomaStrong!
Complete your 2018 Day of Caring Participation Form by Friday, July 27, 2018. We are hoping that 400 employees will step up from both the County and City of Santa Rosa. We are also looking for around 40 individuals willing to be team leaders!
Our Day of Caring projects will include restoration, homeless and affordable housing, and as such projects will include trail work, painting (interior and/or exterior), gardening, landscaping, cleaning, and more. If you know of other projects, please refer agencies to our Day of Caring web page to complete a Project Application Form by Friday, July 27, 2018. Here’s some examples of projects we’ve had in prior years:
- Gardening at Valley of the Moon Children’s Center and some schools
- Food sorting and packing at Redwood Empire Food Bank
- Landscaping at Low Income Housing Units, Homeless Shelters, and preschools
- Painting at Verity, SAY’s Dream Center, and other non-profits
- July 27, 2018 - 2018 Participation Form Due.
- July 27, 2018 – Project Application Form due from nonprofits, agencies, and County/City programs and departments.
- August 8, 2018 – Team Leader meeting. Please consider becoming a team leader, we need about 40 team leaders!
- September 19, 2018 – Day of Caring. There will be a kick-off rally on the morning of September 19th for all participants!
*Participants (employees) receive their usual pay and benefits. There’s no limit to the number of participants – we’re hoping for 400. Employees must be approved to participate by their supervisor.
Sponsored by: County of Sonoma, City of Santa Rosa, and the Day of Caring Committee.