Skip to Content

Human Services Department

Employment & Training Division

RCA/TCVAP: Cash Assistance for Non-Citizens

Cash Assistance may be available for certain individuals arriving to the U.S.

The SonomaWORKS office has cash assistance programs that may be able to help certain non-citizens who have arrived in the United States and have little or no money. Some of these programs include the Refugee Cash Assistance program (RCA), and the Trafficking and Crime Victim Assistance Program (TCVAP). We will review your immigration documents to see if you qualify, and can connect you to other resources in the local community, including employment services. If you need an interpreter when calling or coming to our office, we will get an interpreter to help translate.

Who may be eligible for cash assistance?

Certain Non-citizens, especially any who arrived in the U.S. within the last 12 months which may include:

  • Refugees
  • Asylees - including certain individuals who have applied for asylum
  • Parolees - Individuals granted parole status by immigration (usually with an I-94)
  • Non-citizen Victims of Human Trafficking, Domestic Violence, and other serious crimes (T-Visa or U-Visa applicants)
  • Cuban and Haitian entrants
  • Certain Humanitarian Parolees
  • Special Immigrant Visa Holders
  • Amerasians

We will review your immigration situation to determine if you qualify.

Services you may receive can include:

  • Cash assistance for up to 12 months from your arrival date
  • Food assistance through CalFresh
  • Healthcare insurance through Medi-Cal
  • Assistance and referrals for employment services and other community resources

How to apply:


In Person:  SonomaWORKS/Job Link office, 2227 Capricorn Way, Suite 100, Santa Rosa, CA 95407

Hours to apply:  Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm

Phone:  (707) 565-5500

Other locations to request an application

If you need assistance for the application or need an interpreter, assistance is available upon request.