This page contains information related to the property tax impacts of Proposition 19, passed by voters in the November 2020 election.
Proposition 19 Impacts
Voters passed Proposition 19 in November 2020. This legislation affects Parent-Child and Grandparent-Grandchild exclusions and Base Year Value Transfers. This legislation is currently being reviewed by the State Board of Equalization (BOE) for guidance and regulations. The Assessor’s Office will not be able to answer detailed questions about the legislation at this point in time. Visit the BOE’s Proposition 19 page for the most up to date information.
Useful Forms and Resources
- Board of Equalization
- Sonoma County Assessor Information
- Parent/Child Transfer Exclusion
- Grandparent to Grandchild Transfer Exclusion
- Replacement Dwelling Exclusion / Base Year Value Transfers
- Disaster Relief
- Deeds and Transfer Forms
- Legal Advice/Document Preparation