Sonoma County Supervisorial District 2 Infographic
Enlarged version of the Sonoma County Supervisorial District 2 Infographic
For the Printable Version
(PDF: 320 KB)
The following demographic and economic information pertains to Sonoma County Supervisorial District 2, which comprises Petaluma, Penngrove, Cotati, and the south county dairy industry with a total of 101,920 people and 38,402 households.
District 2 has a population of 101,920, which is expected to rise to 104,462 by 2024 according to ESRI Business Analyst predictions.
- 22.3% of residents are of Hispanic origin
- A median age of 40.9 years old and, this is on par with the county average median age of 41.3 years,
- Per capita income is $44,198 and is expected to increase to $50,589 by 2024,
- District 2 has 25% of residents attaining a Bachelor's Degree, the second highest percentage of any supervisorial district in Sonoma County. The educational attainment breakdown of District 2 is:
- 9% with less than a High School Diploma,
- 19% with a High School Diploma,
- 33% with some college,
- 25% with a Bachelor's degree, and
- 14% with a Professional or Graduate degree.
Out of the 38,402 households in District 2, the median household income of $91,435 is the highest of Sonoma County supervisorial districts.
- 24.8% make more than $150,000,
- 20.8% making between $100,000 and $150,000,
- 15.8% earning between $75,000 and $100,000,
- 14.2% earning between $50,000 and $75,000,
- 13.2% earning between $25,000 and $50,000, and
- 11.2% earn less than $25,000.
District 2 has 54,431 jobs and 52,457 residents employed. Jobs are spread over a variety of industries with 2.2% of the District 2 civilian labor force working in the Agriculture/Forestry/Fishing cluster; this is nearly a percentage point higher than the US percentage. The following are the industries with the highest employment percentages in the District:
- Health Care at 13%,
- Retail Trade at 11%,
- Education 9%,
- Construction at 9%,
- Scientific 9%,
- Food and Hospitality at 7%,
- Manufacturing at 7%,
- Other Services at 5%,
- Financial at 5%,
- Public Administration at 5%, and
- Agriculture/Forestry/Fishing at 2.2%.
- Population will increase to 104,462
- Per capita income will increase to $50,589
- Households earning less than $25,000 will decrease to 8.8%