Springs Municipal Advisory Council Meeting
Date: June 14, 2023
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Registration Required: No
- Springs Municipal Advisory Council Notice of In-Person Meeting and Agenda – June 14, 2023 (PDF: 272.9 kB)
- Consejo Asesor Municipal del Springs Aviso de Reunión en Persona y Agenda - 14 de junio del 2023 (PDF: 318.8 kB)
- Springs Municipal Advisory Council Approved Meeting Minutes - May 10, 2023 (PDF: 541.3 kB)
- Suggestion for Springs Municipal Advisory Council Meeting Norms and process (PDF: 90.8 kB)
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes of May 10, 2023 meeting, Resolution
- Public Comment, Receive
(Limited to items not appearing on the agenda)
- Chair Iturri Update (5mins), Receive
- Supervisor Susan Gorin Update (5mins), Receive
- Norms and Expectations (15mins), Resolution
Council discussion and direction on adopting respectful public comment guidelines. Guidance on council communication and general expectations.
- Caltrans (15mins), Receive
Receive an informational update from Caltrans on the Verano-Highway 12 intersection and other areas of interest. Promote upcoming public meeting and project website.
- Sonoma Water (10mins), Receive
Receive an informational presentation from Sonoma Water. Sonoma Water is updating the 2018 Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP) with stakeholders and would like to provide a brief update to the council about the LHMP and opportunities for public input.
- Ad hoc and Community Projects Updates (2mins each), Receive
Council Reports, Announcements, and updates
- Adopt a Highway
- Bicycle Rack Project
- Community Picnic
- Emergency Preparedness 2.0
- Logo Competition
- Social Media and outreach
- Springs Community Plaza
- Utility Box Project
- Consideration of Future Agenda Items (5mins) Receive
Share ongoing list of future agenda items and note others of interest.
- Adjournment Resolution
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Sonoma Valley Citizens Advisory Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Board of Supervisors’ Office located at 575 Administration Drive, Room 100-A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.
Note: Consideration items will proceed as follows:
- Presentation by proponent
- Questions by Commissioners
- Questions and comments from the public
- Response by proponent, if required
- Comments by Commissioners
- Resolution, if indicated
Español: Para obtener la agenda en español, desplace hacia abajo hasta la sección indicada como “Attachments.” Aquí encontrara la agenda al igual que el material correspondiente a la reunión.
Open Meetings: Except as expressly authorized under the Ralph M. Brown Act (the State’s local agency open meeting law), all meetings of the Springs Municipal Advisory Council are open to attendance by interested members of the public.
Interpreting available: In Zoom: to listen to the meeting in your preferred language go to the bottom right of your screen and click on the Interpretation logo. Select English or Spanish. You will automatically hear it the language selected.
Español: Interpretación Disponible: En zoom: para escuchar la reunión en su idioma preferido, vaya a la parte inferior a la derecha de su pantalla y haga clic en el logotipo de Interpretación. Seleccione inglés o español, oirá automáticamente en el idioma seleccionado.
Public Comments: The Chair will invite public comment for agenda items as they are taken up by the Committee. If you wish to speak, you may do so upon receiving recognition by the Chair. Please state your name and limit your comments to the agenda item under discussion. Speakers are limited to three minutes each; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demand and total number of speakers.
Public comment during the virtual meeting: Members of the public will be recognized at the appropriate time for public comment. Those connected via Zoom must use the Raise Hand tool or dial *9 if called in. When indicated, members of the public will be allowed to speak, asked to unmute and make their comment. Depending on the number of commenters, the Chair may decide to set a time limit.
Public Appearances: Any member of the public may address the Committee on a matter not listed on the agenda as long as the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Committee. If you wish to speak, you may do so upon recognition by the Committee Chair. While members of the public are welcome to address the Committee, under the Brown Act open meeting laws, Committee members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to three minutes each, six minutes for a member of the public attending with a translator; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demands and total number of speakers.
Disabled Accommodation: If you have a disability and require a sign language interpreter, assistive listening device, material in an alternate format, or other accommodation to attend, please contact Karina Garcia at (707) 565-1776 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting in order to facilitate arrangements for accommodation.
I Want ToClose Menu
Departments & AgenciesClose Menu
- Ag + Open Space
- Agriculture, Weights & Measures Department
- Air Quality Districts
- Animal Services
- Assessor's Office
- Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Child Support Services
- Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
- Client Accounting
- Community Development Commission
- County Administrator's Office
- County Counsel
- Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach
- Information Systems
- Integrated Waste
- Investment and Debt
- Safety and Health
- Sheriff's Office
- Sonoma County Employee's Retirement Association
- Sonoma Public Infrastructure (Formerly GS and TPW)
- Sonoma Water
- Superior Court