North Sonoma Valley Municipal Advisory Council Meeting
Date: August 17, 2022
Time: 5:30 - 8:59 p.m.
Join Zoom Conference Meeting: https://sonomacounty.zoom.us/j/93198284431?pwd=NlNLOGx3azlvampLbklhaWpic0YyUT09
Meeting ID: 931 9828 4431
Join by Phone: 1 (669) 900-9128
Registration Required: No
- Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance, Land Acknowledgment, Roll Call
- Special Guest Opening Remarks
- Approval of July 20, 2022 minutes -- Resolution
- Public Comment -- Receive
(Limited to items not appearing on the agenda)
- Supervisor Gorin Update -- Receive
- Portrait of Sonoma County 2021, American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) (added 8.11.22) -- Receive
- Oscar Chavez, Human Services Department
- Receive presentation on findings of Portrait of Sonoma 2021, as well as American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding awards
- Sonoma County Transit: Bike Racks and Benches -- Receive
- Bryan Albee, SC Transit
- Receive presentation on funding opportunities for bike racks, benches
- Sonoma Developmental Center Update, Sonoma Land Trust (continued 7.20.22) -- Receive
- Sonoma Developmental Center (SDC) update from John McCaull, Land Acquisition Director, Sonoma Land Trust
- Discussion of coalition of housing and conservation interests in conversation on Sonoma Developmental Center Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Reports and Announcements from Councilmembers and Ad Hocs -- Receive
Due to time constraints, the Chair requests this be limited to crucial or time sensitive items
- Discuss scope of the Community Projects Ad Hoc
- Consideration of items for future agenda -- Receive
- Adjourn -- Resolution
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the North Sonoma Valley Citizens Municipal Advisory Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Board of Supervisors’ Office located at 575 Administration Drive, Room 100-A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.
Note: Consideration items will proceed as follows:
- Questions by Councilmembers
- Questions and comments from the public
- Response by presenter, if required
- Comments by Councilmembers
- Resolution, if indicated
Except as expressly authorized under the Ralph M. Brown Act (the State’s local agency open meeting law), all meetings of the North Sonoma Valley Municipal Advisory Council are open to attendance by interested members of the public.
The Chair will invite public comment for agenda items as they are taken up by the Committee. If you wish to speak, you may do so upon receiving recognition by the Chair. Please state your name and limit your comments to the agenda item under discussion. Speakers are limited to three minutes each; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demand and total number of speakers.
Any member of the public may address the Committee on a matter not listed on the agenda as long as the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Committee . If you wish to speak, you may do so upon recognition by the Committee Chair. While members of the public are welcome to address the Committee, under the Brown Act open meeting laws, Committee members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to three minutes each, six minutes for a member of the public attending with a translator; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demands and total number of speakers.
If you have a disability and require a sign language interpreter, assistive listening device, material in an alternate format, or other accommodation to attend, please contact Arielle Kubu-Jones at (707) 565-2241 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting in order to facilitate arrangements for accommodation.