Employment and Training
Contact our office about services that help:
- Job seekers
- Local employers who want to hire qualified workers
- Employment opportunities for youth and young adults that include the training and job program, Sonoma County Youth Ecology Corps
- Eligible residents who are caring for a child, who may receive financial assistance, social services benefits and enhanced employment services through SonomaWORKS (CalWORKs).
- Eligible residents without any means of financial support may apply for General Assistance to help with rent, utilities, some transportation, toiletries and food.
The Employment and Training lobby is open for in-person visitors from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Job Link’s computer lab is open 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m, Monday-Friday.
Online and Phone Services for Clients
- Apply for Food Benefits
- Report Changes
- Submit Reports and Documents
- Call (707) 565-5500 to speak with a specialist about existing benefits or to submit a new application.
- Online and Phone Services For Employers
Job Link Business Services Hotline
- Call or email: (707) 565-8079 or email@example.com. (Due to high call volume, you may need to leave a message.
- Calls Monday-Friday are returned within 48 hours.
The Economic Development Board
About Unemployment Insurance
If your employment has been interrupted due to COVID-19 (fewer or no work hours, if you have been laid off, if you have been disabled due to Covid), you can apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits. You can file a claim for Unemployment Insurance online, by phone or by mail.
- For instructions on how to apply, visit edd.ca.gov/en/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.
- To file an Unemployment Insurance claim, visit edd.ca.gov/en/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim
For Employers and Workers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources for Employers and Workers
- Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
For local information about Unemployment Insurance and COVID:
Job Training that Pays!
Free training that pays you to learn! Click here or Call Today!
- Sonoma Job Link
- Apply now at (707) 565-5550