CoveredCA.com is the one-stop website where Californians can buy brand-name, private health insurance under the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Anyone can buy health insurance through Covered California, but eligibility for financial help is based on income. There are Covered California plans for small businesses too.
Visit CoveredCA.com to:
• See if you qualify for a discount on private health insurance
• Learn about health plan options and apply
• Find out if you're eligible for California's low-/no-cost Medi-Cal program
Open enrollment for health coverage is over, but you may be eligible for special enrollment if you experience a qualifying life event, such as marriage, having a baby, losing health care coverage or moving to another county within California or to California from out of state.
Health Insurance Plan Options in Sonoma County
Companies that offer health plans vary by region. In Sonoma County, these companies offer health plans:
• Blue Shield of California
• Health Net Life
• Kaiser Permanente
• Western Health Advantage
For Small Business
Covered California also makes affordable health coverage available to small business employers and their employees.
Visit Covered California for Small Business for more information.
To Apply for Covered California
• To apply, fill out the online application on the Covered California website or call (800) 300-1506.
To get in-person help to apply, visit:
• Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa
• Human Services South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma
• One of many community locations around Sonoma County to contact a no-cost Certified Enrollment Counselor.