Rental and Mortgage Assistance Program
The Rental/Mortgage Assistance Program provides short-term, secured and unsecured, 3% interest loans to eligible employees to pay rental security deposits, first month's rent, delinquent rental payments, delinquent mortgage payments, delinquent real estate taxes or expired hazard insurance on the borrower's primary residence. Payment are made through payroll deduction over one to three years.
Please print out and complete the forms listed below as application materials. Sign all the forms where indicated. You may return the material via the county courier system to the Community Development Commission, or in person at 1440 Guerneville Road, Santa Rosa, CA if you prefer.
You may be assured that your application will be treated in a confidential and expedient manner.
Time is of the essence in your providing us with all necessary documentation to expedite approval of your application. Funds for this program are limited and may be exhausted before your loan is approved.
You may be interested to know that a local non-profit offers free financial counseling and money management workshops. There is also a wide variety of financial information on their web site, including on-line counseling. Their web site is www.cccssf.org and their toll-free number is 800-777-7526. The local number is (707) 527-9221.
Please call the SEIU Housing Assistance message line at (707) 565-7549 if you have questions during your review and completion of the forms.
Eligibility and Details
Types of Assistance Offered:
- Assistance in the payment of rental security deposits, deposits for first month’s rent, payment of delinquent rent or mortgage payments, delinquent real estate taxes and/or expired hazard insurance on the borrowers primary residence. Requires an employee contribution to the Housing Fund for a minimum of 13 pay periods.
- Must be a permanent full-time, permanent part-time or extra-help employee in a
SEIU Local 1021 represented job classification.
- The employee must have made the appropriate contributions to the Housing Fund
as set forth above.
- All fund contributors are eligible without income requirements, income limitations
or income qualifications subject to the contributions requirements mention above
- 3% interest will be charged on money borrowed though the Rental/Mortgage Assistance Program.
- Maximum Loan Amounts:
- Eligible permanent full-time or part-time employees $2,500
- Extra-help employees $ 500
- Repayment will be made via semi-monthly payroll deductions.
- Pay-back period:
- $0 to $750 = up to one year to repay loan
- $751 to $1,500 = up to two years to repay loan
- $1,501 to $2,500 = up to three years to repay loan
- No more than 1 loan per year per employee.