- Affordable Housing Inventory
- Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program
- Homebuyer Assistance for County Employees
- Second-Dwelling Unit Program
- Density Bonus Programs
- AB 210 Homeless Multidisciplinary Team Protocol
- Income and Rent Limits
- Back to Housing and Neighborhood Investment
Housing Assistance Rehabilitation Loan Program
The Housing Assistance Rehabilitation Loan Program provides up to $15,000, fully amortized loan up to 7 years with 3% interest rate to eligible SEIU employees to pay for repairs to correct conditions affecting health and safety and weatherization.
This web page contains the forms for the County of Sonoma/SEIU Local 1021 - Housing Assistance Rehabilitation Program.
Please print out and complete the forms listed below as application materials. Sign all the forms where indicated. You may return the material via the county courier system to SEIU Housing at the Community Development Commission, or in person at 1440 Guerneville Road, Santa Rosa, Ca if you prefer.
It is highly recommend that your first step be to thoroughly review the application forms and requirements of eligibility prior to submission. Part of the application process is to provide information on the intended scope of work and bid amount. Your second step should be to educate yourself on how to choose a licensed, bonded, and insured contractor. You must provide evidence of your contractor’s valid state contractor’s license, contractor’s bond and evidence of insurance consistent with the State Contractor’s License Board requirements with your application.
Please be advised that funds for this program are limited and time is of the essence in providing us with all the necessary documentation to expedite approval of your application. All loan applications will be processed and evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please call the SEIU Housing Assistance message line at (707) 565-7549 if you have questions during your review and completion of the forms.
- Must be a permanent full-time, part-time or extra help employee in a SEIU Local
1021 represented job classification with 2,088 hours or more of contribution to
the Housing Assistance Program Fund.
- Must occupy and be the legal owner of the real property, or the
registered owner of the mobile home for rehabilitation.
- Applications will be processed first-come first-serve basis.
- 3% simple interest per annum.
- Repayment will be made via semi-monthly payroll deductions.
- Pay-back period:
$1,000 to $2,999 = up to two years to repay loan
$3,000 to $6,000 = up to three years to repay loan
$6,001 to $10,000 = up to five years to repay loan
$10,001 to $15,000 = up to seven years to repay loan
Repairs to correct conditions affecting health and safety and weatherization.
Some examples of eligible work:
- Installation of dual-paned windows and removal of existing
- Install new furnace and/or checking duct-work for leaking
- New roof replacement
- Installation of a new water heater
- Termite/pest damage repair and replacement
- Exterior repairs for purposes of weatherization
- Replace exterior home or garage doors for purposes of
- Repair or replace flooring due to water or other damages
- Install insulation to home for weatherization
- Install weather-stripping around doors/windows in home for
- Replace/repair exterior siding/stucco with weatherization
- Remove trees/landscaping that are causing damage to the
integrity of the home
- Repair drive or walkways to eliminate trip hazards
- Install ADA approved ramps and/or removal of barriers
- Replace faulty/damaged or old wiring in the house
- Replace toilets or sinks that are damaged or in need of repair.