Community Advisory Council (CAC) Meeting
Date: October 04, 2023
Time: 6:00 p.m.
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING IN PERSON AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Members of the Community Advisors Council will attend the meeting in person, except that they may attend virtually via ZOOM, to the extent allowable by the Brown Act for good cause pursuant to AB-2449.
- Join Zoom Meeting »
- Webinar ID: 961 5770 1447
- Passcode: (IOLERO) 465376
Or call-in and listen to the meeting:
- Dial: 1-669-900-9128
- Webinar ID: 961 5770 1447
- Pasccode: (IOLERO) 465376
Registration Required: No
- CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL
- COMMITMENT TO CIVIL ENGAGEMENT
- APPROVAL OF SEPTEMBER 6, 2023 MEETING MINUTES
- OPENINGS AND APPOINTMENTS
Chair will report out on current openings and appointments.
- District 3
- District 4
- District 5
- CORRESPONDENCE ITEMS
The Chair will report out on correspondence items received from members of the public and relevant to CAC business.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT (ORAL REPORT ONLY)
- SHERIFF’S LIAISON REPORT (ORAL REPORT ONLY
- BUSINESS ITEMS
Receive and Discuss Presentation on the Ralph M. Brown Act and Public Records Act
- CAC COMMITTEE REPORTS (ORAL REPORTS)
Councilmembers to provide verbal reports and/or updates on the work being conducted by their committees. There are no written reports for these items.
- Community Engagement
- Racial and Identity Profiling Act (RIPA)
- Recruitment and Hiring Practices
- Policy Recommendations Review
- OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
This section is intended for items not appearing on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the CAC. Please state your name and who you represent, if applicable. Comments will be limited at the discretion of the chairs based on number of comments and other factors.
- REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
- CAC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Councilmembers may provide oral announcements on things related to CAC business.
The next regular meeting of the Community Advisory Council will be Wednesday November 1, 2023 at 6:00pm. The in-person/hybrid meeting will be at the following location:
Finley Community Center
2060 W. College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA. 95401
- Spanish interpretation will be provided as an accommodation if requested in advance. Please contact the CAC Community Engagement Analyst at (707) 565-1534 or by email email@example.com by noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. We will make every effort to provide for an accommodation. Spanish interpretation will be provided within the zoom application, you must use version 5.9.0 or later.
- Interpretación al español se proveerá si usted lo pide antes de la junta. Por favor llame a la secretaria al 707-565-1534 o notifícanos por correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org antes del mediodía del viernes anterior a la reunión. Haremos todo lo posible para complacerlo. Para traducción en español, se tiene que usar la versión de Zoom 4.5.0 o una versión más adelantada.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation or an alternative format to assist you in observing and commenting on this meeting, please contact the CAC Secretary at (707) 565-1534 or by email email@example.com by noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. We will make every effort to provide for an accommodation.
Public Comment at Community Advisory Council Meetings
Members of the public are free to address the CAC.
- Should fall under the subject matter jurisdiction of the CAC (as noted in Ordinance No. 6333).
- Are time-limited. Public comment applies to action items and general public comment at the end of the meeting. Action items are specified on the agenda. Time limitations are at the discretion of the Director and Chair and may be adjusted to accommodate all speakers.
In addition to oral public comment at the meetings, the community is also invited to communicate with IOLERO staff and CAC members through email. Members of the public who would like to make statements that may exceed the time limits for public comment, suggest topics to be placed on future agendas, or suggest questions to be raised and discussed by CAC members or staff, may send an email addressing these matters to CAC@sonoma-county.org.
CAC members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and may only listen and respond briefly in limited circumstances. Should CAC members wish to deliberate on an issue raised during public comment, that issue may be placed on a future agenda of the CAC for discussion and possible action. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the CAC after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the IOLERO office at the above address during normal business hours or via email.
Commitment to Civil Engagement
All are encouraged to engage in respectful communication that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. CAC Members, staff, and the public are encouraged to:
- Create an atmosphere of respect and civility where CAC members, county staff, and the public are free to express their ideas within the time and content parameters established by the Brown Act and the CAC’s standard parliamentary procedures (Robert’s Rules of Order);
- Adhere to time limits for each individual speaker, in order to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to be heard on as many agenda items as possible;
- Establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions;
- Foster meaningful communication free of attacks of a personal nature and/or attacks based on age, (dis)ability, class, education level, gender, gender identity, occupation, race and/or ethnicity, sexual orientation;
- Listen with an open mind to all information, including dissenting points of view, regarding issues presented to the CAC;
- Recognize it is sometimes difficult to speak at meetings, and out of respect for each person's perspective, allow speakers to have their say without comment or body gestures, including booing, whistling or clapping.
Designed Team Alliance
All are encouraged to engage in respectful, non-disruptive communication that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion.
Our Designed Team Alliance is a list of norms, which describe the way CAC wants to show-up and be in community while modeling collaborative behavior. We request that CAC members, staff, and the public follow the CAC’s agreed upon Designed Team Alliance.
Our Designed Team Alliance is:
- Be tough on topic not on people
- Respect others
- Respect other’s perspective
- Respect time
- Practice active listening
- Be open minded
- Speak to others as you would Like to be spoken to
- Honor freedom of speech
- Call each other “in”
Agendas and Materials
Agendas and Materials: Agendas and most supporting materials are available on the Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach’s website.
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 08:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 3333 Mendocino Avenue, Suite 240, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.