Community Advisory Council (CAC) Meeting
Date: June 05, 2023
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Registration Required: No
Meeting details and agenda will be posted 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- Spanish interpretation will be provided as an accommodation if requested in advance. Please contact the CAC Community Engagement Analyst at (707) 565-1534 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. We will make every effort to provide for an accommodation. Spanish interpretation will be provided within the zoom application, you must use version 5.9.0 or later.
- Interpretación al español se proveerá si usted lo pide antes de la junta. Por favor llame a la secretaria al 707-565-1534 o notifícanos por correo electrónico email@example.com antes del mediodía del viernes anterior a la reunión. Haremos todo lo posible para complacerlo. Para traducción en español, se tiene que usar la versión de Zoom 4.5.0 o una versión más adelantada.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation or an alternative format to assist you in observing and commenting on this meeting, please contact the CAC Secretary at (707) 565-1534 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. We will make every effort to provide for an accommodation.
Public Comment at Community Advisory Council Meetings
Members of the public are free to address the CAC.
- Should fall under the subject matter jurisdiction of the CAC (as noted in Ordinance No. 6333).
- Are time-limited. Public comment applies to action items and general public comment at the end of the meeting. Action items are specified on the agenda. Time limitations are at the discretion of the Director and Chair and may be adjusted to accommodate all speakers.
In addition to oral public comment at the meetings, the community is also invited to communicate with IOLERO staff and CAC members through email. Members of the public who would like to make statements that may exceed the time limits for public comment, suggest topics to be placed on future agendas, or suggest questions to be raised and discussed by CAC members or staff, may send an email addressing these matters to CAC@sonoma-county.org.
CAC members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and may only listen and respond briefly in limited circumstances. Should CAC members wish to deliberate on an issue raised during public comment, that issue may be placed on a future agenda of the CAC for discussion and possible action. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the CAC after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the IOLERO office at the above address during normal business hours or via email.
Commitment to Civil Engagement
All are encouraged to engage in respectful communication that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. CAC Members, staff, and the public are encouraged to:
- Create an atmosphere of respect and civility where CAC members, county staff, and the public are free to express their ideas within the time and content parameters established by the Brown Act and the CAC’s standard parliamentary procedures (Robert’s Rules of Order);
- Adhere to time limits for each individual speaker, in order to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to be heard on as many agenda items as possible;
- Establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions;
- Foster meaningful communication free of attacks of a personal nature and/or attacks based on age, (dis)ability, class, education level, gender, gender identity, occupation, race and/or ethnicity, sexual orientation;
- Listen with an open mind to all information, including dissenting points of view, regarding issues presented to the CAC;
- Recognize it is sometimes difficult to speak at meetings, and out of respect for each person's perspective, allow speakers to have their say without comment or body gestures, including booing, whistling or clapping.
Designed Team Alliance
All are encouraged to engage in respectful, non-disruptive communication that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion.
Our Designed Team Alliance is a list of norms, which describe the way CAC wants to show-up and be in community while modeling collaborative behavior. We request that CAC members, staff, and the public follow the CAC’s agreed upon Designed Team Alliance.
Our Designed Team Alliance is:
- Be tough on topic not on people
- Respect others
- Respect other’s perspective
- Respect time
- Practice active listening
- Be open minded
- Speak to others as you would Like to be spoken to
- Honor freedom of speech
- Call each other “in”
Agendas and Materials
Agendas and Materials: Agendas and most supporting materials are available on the Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach’s website.
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 08:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 3333 Mendocino Avenue, Suite 240, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
I Want ToClose Menu
- CalFresh food benefits
- Medi-Cal benefits
- Job with Sonoma County
- License your dog
- Marriage license
- Business license
Departments & AgenciesClose Menu
- Adult and Aging Division
- Ag + Open Space
- Agriculture, Weights & Measures Department
- Air Quality Districts
- Animal Services
- Assessor's Office
- Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Child Support Services
- Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
- Client Accounting
- Community Development Commission
- County Administrator's Office
- County Counsel
- Economic Assistance
- Economic Development Board
- Emergency Management
- Employee Relations
- Employment and Training
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Equal Employment Opportunity / ADA Public Access
- Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach
- Information Systems
- Integrated Waste
- Investment and Debt
- Safety and Health
- Sheriff's Office
- Sonoma County Employee's Retirement Association
- Sonoma Public Infrastructure (Formerly GS and TPW)
- Sonoma Water
- Superior Court