Coast Municipal Advisory Council (MAC) Meeting
Date: May 19, 2022
Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
In accordance with Executive Order N-25-20 and N-29-20 regarding the Brown Act for public meetings during the public health emergency, the November Coast MAC meeting will be held virtually. The meeting will be on Zoom and on Facebook live, links below. After the event, videos are available both on Facebook and on the Sonoma County 5th District Youtube channel.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699009128,,98073978562# or +12532158782,,98073978562#
Or Telephone: US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782
Streaming Facebook Live on Supervisor Lynda Hopkins page https://www.facebook.com/supervisorlyndahopkins/
Registration Required: No
Pledge of Allegiance Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Statement(s) of conflict of interest: if any, from Council members
- Consent Calendar
Approval of March Minutes
- Public Comment
- Comment from the public regarding matters of general interest not on the agenda, but related to the Sonoma Coast MAC business. Pursuant to the Brown Act, the Sonoma Coast MAC cannot consider issues or take action on any requests during this comment period. Due to time constraints, comments will be limited at the discretion of the Chair.
- Regular Calendar Items
- Supervisor Lynda Hopkins
- Broadband for the Coast:
- Presentation by Calvin Sandeen, Broadband Analyst for the County of Sonoma Economic Development Topic – upcoming broadband initiatives and opportunities.
- Presentation by Bryan Hughes, Board member of the Guerneville Alliance, on downtown free wifi mesh networks project.
- Presentation by Judy Rosales of the Coast Collaborative on community-based vegetation/wildfire management throughout our region
- Council Member and Staff Reports
- Staff Report: Leo Chyi on LCP and Vacation Rental hearings coming up
- Chair Comments/Report
- LandUse Committee
- Water AdHoc
- Call for Agenda Items
Open Meetings: Except as expressly authorized under the Ralph M. Brown Act (the State’s local agency open meeting law), all meetings of the Coast Municipal Advisory Council are open to attendance by interested members of the public.
Agenda Comments: The Chair will invite public comment for agenda items as they are taken up by the Committee. If you wish to speak, you may do so upon receiving recognition by the Chair. Please state your name and limit your comments to the agenda item under discussion. Speakers are limited to two minutes each; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demand and total number of speakers.
Public Comment for Items Not on the Agenda: Any member of the public may address the Committee on a matter not listed on the agenda as long as the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Committee . If you wish to speak, you may do so upon recognition by the Committee Chair. While members of the public are welcome to address the Committee, under the Brown Act open meeting laws, Committee members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to two minutes each; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demands and total number of speakers.
Disabled Accommodation: If you have a disability and require a sign language interpreter, assistive listening device, material in an alternate format, or other accommodation to attend, please contact District5@sonoma-county.org or call 1-707-565-2241 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting in order to facilitate arrangements for accommodation.