Article V: Miscellaneous Provisions
Board of Supervisors Resolution #NAP 250, DR74460, 74461
Issue Date: June 14, 1983
Table of Contents for Article V
Section 18. Construction
This resolution shall be administered and construed as follows:
- Nothing in this resolution shall be construed to deny to any person, employee, organization, the County, or any authorized officer, body or other representative of the County, the rights, powers and authority granted by Federal or State Law.
- This resolution shall be interpreted so as to carry out its purposes as set forth in Article I.
Section 19. Employee Rights
- Subject to the procedures provided for in this resolution, employees shall have the right to form, join and participate in the activities of employee organizations of their own choosing for the purpose of representation on all matters of employee relations.
- Employees shall have the right to refuse to join or participate in the activities of employee organizations and shall have the right to represent themselves individually in their employee relations with the County.
- The County and employee organizations shall not interfere with, intimidate, restrain, coerce or discriminate against employees because of the exercise of their rights under this resolution.
Section 20. County Rights
- It is the exclusive right of the County to make all decisions of a managerial or administrative character including but not limited to:
- The nature and extent of services to be performed.
- The methods, means and personnel by which the County’s operations are to be conducted.
- Such other decisions as may be necessary to organize and operate the County in the most efficient manner and in the best interest of all the citizens of the County.
- The exercise of the rights delineated in this Section does not preclude employees or recognized employee organizations from consulting or raising grievances about the adverse consequences that decisions on these matters may have on employees.
Section 21. Severability
If any provision of this resolution, or the application of such provision to any person or circumstance, shall be held invalid, the remainder of this resolution, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid, shall not be affected thereby.