Skip to Content
County Counsel Department

Frequently Asked Questions

Does the County Counsel provide legal services to the public?

How do I serve a lawsuit on the County of Sonoma?

The County is suing me for money it says I owe. Who can I talk to about this?

I want to look at some County records. How can I get copies?

I have received a notice to report for jury duty, but cannot attend. How can I reschedule my jury duty obligation?

How can I get a copy of a birth, death, or marriage certificate?

How can I dispute or pay a traffic or parking ticket?

Can the County Counsel's Office help me change my court appearance time/date?

Can the County Counsel's Office help with landlord/tenant problems?