Sonoma County CROWN Fellows are undertaking novel, innovative projects in numerous areas of the law.
Recent projects undertaken by past CROWN Fellows include:
- Drafting conservation contracts and easements for the Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District and the Sonoma County Permit and Resource Management Department.
- Working on code enforcement litigation (e.g., preparing complaints, conducting discovery, drafting motions, appearing in court).
- Presenting trainings to clients on new legislation.
- Researching constitutional issues including the First Amendment (public forums), Second Amendment (gun control) and Fifth Amendment (inverse condemnation).
- Conducting writ hearings and trials.
- Providing research on land use issues related to the California Environmental Quality Act, the California Coastal Act, the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act, and local land use controls such as use permits.
- Drafting briefs for cases in federal and state court.
- Reviewing Tribal Law issues, including commenting on fee-to-trust applications and working on mitigation agreements with tribes.
- Drafting proposed ordinances on issues of public health, such as tobacco licensing, food safety, and living wages.