Through input from Block Captains and Board Members, 10 Priority Projects have been identified:
- Establish an Alert and Warning System
- Work with the community to identify hazards, risks, mitigation strategies, including evacuation routes.
- Facilitate construction hardening techniques appropriate for wildfire urban interfaces and seismic retrofits for rebuilding and for existing homes through education and grant programs.
- Work with private utility providers on solutions related to hardening infrastructure and on coping with destroyed utilities in a disaster, including undergrounding where appropriate and necessary.
- Help property owners navigate vegetation management opportunities through partnership with Fire Safe Sonoma and similar programs.
- Continue to advocate for substantive changes to insurance regulations.
- Community Awareness strategies we’ve been doing such as the recent mailers on Watershed Protection and Defensible Space.
- Expedited Permitting for homeowners who are rebuilding
- Enhance the 2-1-1 System
- Develop a One-Stop Shop Resource Center