Awards and Recognition
- November 20, 2019 – Sonoma County Department of Health Services (DHS) was honored with the distinguished international Financial Times Intelligent Business Award for its groundbreaking ACCESS (Accessing Coordinated Care to Enable Self-Sufficiency) Sonoma County Initiative.
- May 8, 2019 – The Accessing Coordinated Care and Empowering Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS) Sonoma County initiative received a 2019 Advantage Award from IBM Watson Health™ in the Consumer/Patient Outreach and Communications category.
- May 7, 2019 – Today the County of Sonoma was recognized by the National Association of Counties (NACo) with two Achievement Awards for the Accessing Coordinated Care and Empowering Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS) initiative and the Recovery and Resiliency Framework. The awards honor innovative, effective county government programs that strengthen services for residents.
- December 13, 2018 – The Sonoma County safety net departments accepted a $1 million grant to continue advancing the work of the Accessing Coordinated Care and Empowering Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS) Sonoma County initiative from the Hewlett Foundation this week.
Articles & Blogs
- For the Homeless, a Government They Can Count On
By Justine Jablonska | March 12, 2019
- How a California County is Using Data and AI to Help Citizens in Need
By Thomas LaMonte | March 6, 2019
- Innovation Chief and 2 Vendors Agree on What Went Right
By Dennis Noone | October 21, 2019
- Case Studies: Technology Creates Better Perceptions in the Public Sector
WINNER: Sonoma County (California), IBM Watson, IBM Global Business Services and SimpliGov
- For an issue as complicated as homelessness, data, A.I. and cloud offer innovative new solutions. Here’s how Sonoma County, California cares for the homeless by leveraging IBM technology.
- Sonoma County and IBM Working Together to Change Lives
February 14, 2019
- Sonoma County Transforms the Way They Care for the Most Vulnerable
June 4, 2019
- Dear Tech: IBM Watson Helps Sonoma County Help the Homeless
July 25, 2019
- Sonoma County: Breaking Down Information Barriers with IBM Master Data Management
June 12, 2019