Awards and Recognition
- April of 2022 – Congressman Thompson announced that Sonoma County will receive an earmarked grant for the ACCESS initiative in the amount of 2 million dollars from the Biden administration. The grant is for expansion of the enabling technology for ACCESS which will include a new cohort for Transitional Age Youth, TAY, as well as an app for the clients to interact directly with their Care Team. Development will begin in spring of 2023.
- November 20, 2019 – Sonoma County Department of Health Services (DHS) was honored with the distinguished international Financial Times Intelligent Business Award for its groundbreaking ACCESS (Accessing Coordinated Care to Enable Self-Sufficiency) Sonoma County Initiative.
- May 8, 2019 – The Accessing Coordinated Care and Empowering Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS) Sonoma County initiative received a 2019 Advantage Award from IBM Watson Health™ in the Consumer/Patient Outreach and Communications category.
- May 7, 2019 – Today the County of Sonoma was recognized by the National Association of Counties (NACo) with two Achievement Awards for the Accessing Coordinated Care and Empowering Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS) initiative and the Recovery and Resiliency Framework. The awards honor innovative, effective county government programs that strengthen services for residents.
- December 13, 2018 – The Sonoma County safety net departments accepted a $1 million grant to continue advancing the work of the Accessing Coordinated Care and Empowering Self-Sufficiency (ACCESS) Sonoma County initiative from the Hewlett Foundation this week.
Articles & Blogs
- For the Homeless, a Government They Can Count On
By Justine Jablonska | March 12, 2019
- How a California County is Using Data and AI to Help Citizens in Need
By Thomas LaMonte | March 6, 2019
- Innovation Chief and 2 Vendors Agree on What Went Right
By Dennis Noone | October 21, 2019
- Case Studies: Technology Creates Better Perceptions in the Public Sector
WINNER: Sonoma County (California), IBM Watson, IBM Global Business Services and SimpliGov
- Case Study -Sonoma County partners with IBM to reduce homeless population by 9%
By Mike Tucker | July 2022
- For an issue as complicated as homelessness, data, A.I. and cloud offer innovative new solutions. Here’s how Sonoma County, California cares for the homeless by leveraging IBM technology.
- Sonoma County partners with IBM to reduce homeless population. Better healthcare, reduced health hazards and facilitating good and hygienic living conditions for residents in SONOMA County with IBM Access solutions.