2019 - 2023 SCPDIAMemorandum of Understanding: Article 34: Association Rights
What’s on this Page:
34.1 Employee Lists
The County will provide the Association with a bi-weekly data run of the names, class titles, departments, home address, and work locations of all employees within the bargaining units covered by this Memorandum of Understanding. The Association recognizes and respects the legal right of each employee to the employee’s privacy and agrees not to use any information obtained pursuant to these provisions for any reason not authorized by law, or to allow others to use the information for commercial gain, nor in any manner that would violate those rights. With respect to this promise, the Association agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the County, its officers, employees, and agents, from any claim, liability, or damage arising from the Association’s breach of its duty under this Section (34.1).
34.2 New Employee Orientation
- The County shall notify new employees hired into the Bargaining Unit represented by the Association that the Association is the recognized employee organization for the employee’s classification. Within 30 days of hire into the Bargaining Unit, one Association representative shall have the opportunity to make a 30-minute presentation at each new employee orientation program presented by the County Human Resources Department. In addition, the Association shall have the opportunity to make a 10-minute presentation at each new employee orientation program presented by any Department orientation program (not to include payroll sign-ups). The County shall notify the Association of an employee orientation at least ten (10) calendar days in advance, except that a shorter notice may be provided in specific instance where there is an urgent need critical to the County’s operations that was not reasonably foreseeable. In addition, the County shall provide the Association with an electronic list of expected participants at least 72 hours in advance of the employee orientation. Each new employee shall receive a copy of the Association’s standard introductory packet, copies of which shall be provided by the Association.
- The County shall provide the Association a copy of the sign-in sheet, including the Bargaining Unit, within five (5) business days after each new employee orientation program presented by the County Human Resources Department.
- Within 90 days of hire into the Bargaining Unit, an employee who does not attend the orientation program presented by the County Human Resources Department, upon the Association’s request shall be authorized for County release time to attend a 30-minute make-up session with an Association representative during regular working hours onsite.
- One Association designee shall be granted 30 minutes County release time plus reasonable release time for necessary travel to present on the Association’s behalf at the orientation program conducted by the County Human Resources Department or make-up sessions.
- County management / designees shall be absent from the room during any orientation program or make-up sessions conducted by the Association with employees.