Disaster Service Worker Required Training
The required training for the Disaster Service Worker Program can be found on the Human Resources Training Portal Sonoma Higher Ed.
To access Sonoma Higher Ed, select one of the following links from any internet-connected device. You will need your network login credentials to access the system.
- County Network: sonomacounty.sabacloud.com/
- Human Services: sonomacounty-hsd.sabacloud.com/
- Water Agency: sonomacounty-water.sabacloud.com/
Search DSW and the training courses will populate.
If you do not see the Disaster Service Worker Training, contact your Training Coordinator.
Below you will find the mandatory and recommended refresher trainings for the Disaster Service Worker Program and links to other optional training resources.
|All Employees||ICS 100, ICS 700, & Intro to SEMS||Online and Class|
|Supervisors||ICS 200||Online and Class|
|Management||ICS 300 & ICS 800||Classroom Only|
|Executive/Command||ICS 400||Classroom Only|
The courses listed below is optional training that is relevant to County employees, whether or not they are called upon to serve as Disaster Service Workers.
The FEMA Emergency Management Institute Independent Study Program offers a wide variety of courses that may be relevant to your specific department or job description. The full course listing is available here: http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.aspx
Suggested courses for all County employees:
- IS-7: A Citizen's Guide to Disaster Assistance
- IS-10.A: Animals in Disasters: Awareness and Preparedness
- IS-55.A: Household Hazardous Materials -- A Guide for Citizens
- IS-100.B: Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- Note: This course is also available in sector-specific formats for Law Enforcement, Schools, Healthcare, and Public Works. These can be accessed via the full course listing, linked above.
- IS-106.16: Workplace Violence Awareness Training 2016
- IS-288: The Role of Voluntary Agencies in Emergency Management
- IS-800.B: National Response Framework, An Introduction
- IS-906: Workplace Security Awareness
- IS-907: Active Shooter: What You Can Do