Katherine Rinehart (Chair)
Eric Stanley (Vice-Chair)
Associate Members present:
Amanda King, Secretary
- Call to order 4:09 pm
- The January 8, 2019 Historical Records Commission minutes were approved.
- Item 7c remove "Cost estimate and" leaving "Monument Preservation Fund may be utilized to fund the project"
- Minutes approved as amended
- Appointment of Chair for 2019
- Ms. Rinehart approved as Chair for 2019
- Appointment of Vice-Chair for 2019
- Ms. Sayed approved as Vice-Chair for 2019
- Budget Discussion
- County's advertising grant monies expires June 30, 2019. Grant applications are not being accepted for 2019/20 Fiscal Year.
- Budget may be impacted by County budget cuts
- Genealogical Society general meeting with presentation by Mr. Don Silverek on Best Practices for Scanning Photographic Images, March 16, 2019
- Honorarium of $150 requested for Mr. Silverek; honorarium approved.
- Rental fee of $215.25 requested for reservation of the Cypress Room at the Finley Center; rental fee approved.
- Secretary will update HRC website with the March 16, 2019 event-presentation begins at 1:00PM
- Funding of Wallace Collection Inventory project
- Lynn Downey to prepare Wallace Collection items to be completed; cost and time estimate
- Ms. Rinehart to receive estimate via email; review for March Library Commission meeting
- Secretary to find out Grant rules regarding paying a single contractor.
- Strategic Planning
- Historical Records Commission (HRC) Strategic Plan Work Plan Discussion
- Secretary to update spreadsheet with grid identifiers
- Commissioners will review their items and get notes to Secretary by March 5, 2019
- Secretary will update spreadsheet, send out to Commissioners
- Archives Fact Sheet
- HRC Fact Sheet vs. Library's Rack Card
- Would like to include statistics and interesting materials stored in The Archives
- Finding History in Sonoma County
- Heritage Network Meeting, 10AM, Sonoma County Wine Library-Healdsburg Library-Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Heritage Network January Meeting-brought up subject of Archives crawl; liked the idea; combo of events; no one has come forward to volunteer
- Library Forum Room reserved on October 5, 2019-for possible event
- Library Forum Room reserved on June 29, 2019-possible event "Preserving your family archives"
- Historical Records Commission (HRC) Brochure
- To be printed in house; cost savings
- Brochure to be reviewed by Library for graphic design assistance
- Continuing Business
- Changes to Resolution / Bylaws
- No updates
- Pre-1906 records
- No updates
- Archives/Archived Records
- History Associates, the firm the Library hired to evaluate The Archives completed draft of Archives Space Plan
- Outlined how many cubic feet of space, volumes, boxes, maps, grouped information
- Document does not clearly address an interim solution
- Archival Management System needed
- No cost estimate was provided
- Ms. Rinehart to have phone conversation on Friday, February 22, 2019 to go over comments with the authors
- March 4, 2019 the Archives Space Plan goes to Library Commission for review
- NEH Grant application written by the Library-why important and who uses it.
- Library update
- Sarah Vantrease, Public Services Manager, Sonoma County Library apologizes for not being here tonight:
- Reece Foxen, Deborah Doyle, and Karen Schneider, Library Commissioners, are gathering information so they are prepared as possible when they speak with members of the Board of Supervisors about The Archives.
- Finalization of Rack Card
- New Library Director starts March 11, 2019
- Collections & Archives Recognition Awards
- John will approach the President of the Sonoma County Historical Society if they would be interested in partnering for their annual meeting/venue to award
- Secretary received clarification that grant funds may not be used for a monetary reward/award but may be used to put on the event.
- New Business
- Secretary to update current contact information on HRC Commissioners
- Public Comment
- Pacific World: The History that Binds Us to the Sea; Museum of Sonoma County, 425 7th St, Santa Rosa, CA 95401, February 26-June 2, 2019
- Sonoma County Historical Society Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon, Flamingo Hotel, March 31, 2019, 11AM, Members $50, Non-Members $60
- National Women's History Alliance-History of the Sonoma County Suffrage Movement, Central Library Forum Room, March 20, 2019, 6 to 8PM
- Meeting adjourned at 5:55 pm
Next meeting – March 19, 2019, 4:00 pm Sonoma County Library Annex, Santa Rosa