Policy and Procedure
The purpose of this policy is to define the circumstances in which the County of Sonoma refers projects and applications to the Mark West Citizens Advisory Council (MWCAC) for comment.
All applications for General Plan Amendments, Rezoning's, and Use Permits within the Mark West Area as shown on the attached Exhibit A shall be referred to the MWCAC for review and comment
The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors created the MWCAC by Resolution No. 16-0231 to serve as an advisory body on applications for use permits, rezoning and General Plan amendments within the Mark West Area.
- Following a determination that a proposal is subject to MWCAC review, the County of Sonoma Planning staff shall deliver or have delivered a copy of the project application, and any available supporting materials to the Chairperson of the MWCAC.
- The chairperson will determine, with the MWCAC’s Secretary, whether to place the project on the next available agenda of the MWCAC for comment.
- If the item is brought to the MWCAC for comment, it shall be the responsibility of the MWCAC to prepare and deliver written minutes of the action to the County of Sonoma planning staff in a timely manner so that they may be forwarded to the hearing body at the time of project review.
- Project applicants must attend MWCAC meetings when their project is being heard by the MWCAC.
- Projects referred to the MWCAC for comment shall be reviewed by the MWCAC within 45 days after the referral. The failure of the MWCAC to make an advisory recommendation within 45 days after the referral shall be deemed to mean that the MWCAC has no recommendation on the project.
- This policy does not preclude the County of Sonoma or planning staff from referring issues to the MWCAC for advice and comment that may not be subject to environmental review as defined by this policy.
Responsibilities and Review
- The County of Sonoma is responsible for reviewing this policy no less than every ten years to determine whether it is still representative of the Mark West Area and still an effective review board for the County. Changes may be made by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors.
- The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors will review this policy from time to time, as it deems necessary
Mark West Citizens Advisory Council
Board of Supervisors Office
575 Administration Drive
County of Sonoma Boards, Commissions and Committees