For Immediate Release
Protect Yourself! Improve Balance, Prevent Falls at Free Trainings
Santa Rosa, CA – August 14, 2018 – Harmful
falls are the #1 reason older adults and seniors end up at the emergency room. Don’t restrict your activities because of worries about falling on uneven ground or stairs. Protect yourself from falls and stay safely on your feet by improving your balance, flexibility and strength and getting helpful tips to
make your home safer.
Sign up for an eight-class
series based on the nationally acclaimed program A Matter of Balance:
Managing Concerns about Falls:
- PEP Senior Apartments, 951 Petaluma Boulevard. South, Petaluma
Four weeks, Tuesday and Thursday, September. 11, 2018 - October 4, 2018
From 1:00 PM - 3 PM.
- Rohnert Park-Cotati Library, 6250 Lynne Conde Way, Rohnert Park
Eight Wednesdays, September. 12, 2018 - November 7, 2018
From 1:00 PM - 3 PM. (no class October 3, 2018)
- Bell Manor, 8780 Bell Road, Windsor
Eight Tuesdays, October. 2, 2018 - November 20. 2018
From 1:00 – 3 PM.
- Sonoma County YMCA, 1111 College Avenue, Santa Rosa
Eight Thursdays, October 25. 2018 - December 20, 2018
From 3:00 - 5:00 PM (no class November 22, 2018)
Register today by email: email@example.com or phone: (707) 565-5936.
Here’s how a few A Matter of Balance students describe the benefits of taking the series:
- “I can now get around my home without using my walker.”
- “I feel more empowered and secure.”
- “I’m more confident when walking on uneven ground.”
- “I can tell I am stronger, especially when climbing stairs.”
Learn more about this ongoing Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging program on the Web: