Veterans Service Office staff can help you learn about the many benefit programs available to U.S. veterans.
- Monthly payments if a disability was caused or worsened during service
- Pension programs
- Health care/Dental care
- Help paying education costs, finding a school or training program, and career counseling
- Job retraining when a service-connected disability keeps you from working
- Obtaining military records, awards and medals
- Loans to build, buy, improve or refinance a home
- Life insurance
- County-issued Veteran Identification card for ID and discounts on goods and services
- Veteran Label on your California driver license
Learn in-depth information about two types of benefit programs for disabled veterans at seminars held in Santa Rosa on the following Wednesdays:
Veterans Pension Seminar
1st Wednesday of the month from 2 – 4 p.m.
A needs-based benefit for wartime veterans with limited or no income, who are age 65 or older and have a permanent and total non-service-connected disability.
Veterans 100% Seminar
2nd Wednesday of the month from 2 – 4 p.m.
New benefit for veterans rated at 100%, permanent and total disability, or with individual unemployability due to a service-related disability.