Step 1: Call Payroll at (707) 565-2852 to report who you will be working for, your name, phone number, address and Social Security number.
Step 2: You’ll get a packet of information by mail. Take the form for fingerprinting to a location that provides that service. You need to pay the fees.
Step 3: Attend the State Mandated Orientation.
Once you pass the background requirements, you will receive a letter scheduling you for orientation and explaining what documents you need to bring.
At Orientation, you’ll learn about:
- IHSS services and support
- IHSS Public Authority and what we do
- Options for training and education
- Medical and dental benefits
- Union membership
- The State enrollment requirements in order to be paid
Step 4: When you complete all the requirements (fingerprinting, signed forms and documents) you will receive time-cards. For details about payroll, visit sonomaproviderportal.org.