Farmers Market Food Permit

Who Needs a Farmers Market Food Permit?

If you are selling fresh fruits, nuts, vegetables, shell eggs, honey, flowers, and nursery stock you will need a Certified Producer Certificate from the Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measures.

If you want a permit to sell food at a farmers market you will need a Temporary Food Facility Permit. A permit is required for each point of sale location operating at the same time. 

Contact Information

Public Health Division
County of Sonoma
Business Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Office Location
625 5th Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
38.44178, -122.7158781

Certified Producer Resources

Certified Producer Certificate

Produce Gardener

The Sonoma County Farmers’ Markets were established to provide raw agricultural products directly to the consumer throughout the county.