Public Service Recognition Week
Public Service Recognition Week has been celebrated the first week of May since 1985.
Throughout the country, mayors, governors, agency leaders, communities and public service organizations participate in PSRW by issuing proclamations; hosting award ceremonies and special tribute events; and delivering messages about the value of public service.
Public servants do amazing things across our great nation, around the world, and in your hometown and community.
Public Service Recognition Week 2017 – Wednesday, May 10 at the County Center and Thursday, May 11 at the Airport Area – 11:30 to 12:45 pm
Come on out and enjoy a lunch of tortilla salad, chicken enchiladas, and Spanish rice (vegetarian option – mushroom enchilada) prepared by Sally Tomatoes.
Do you sing karaoke? Do you have a pretty good dance routine? Does your garage band play some great cover songs or original songs? Do you have a few magic tricks up your sleeve? Can you juggle multiple balls without letting them fall? Do you like making people laugh?
If so, we need YOU to sign up for the annual “Sonoma County’s Got Talent” show at the Public Service Recognition Week lunch on Wednesday, May 10th at County Center and on Thursday, May 11th at the Airport Area (Westwind Building). To sign up contact Gloria Clark at 565-8025 by 04/28/2017.
- Ticket sales are going on now through your Department Contact. Tickets are $7.00 through 04/28/2017. A very limited amount will be sold at the event for $8.00 each.
- SEIU Local 1021 Members: The Union has offered to cover the cost of lunch for 1021 Union members who wish to attend. Please email Ana Wangeline ( firstname.lastname@example.org) at the SEIU 1021 office and let her know by 4/28/17 which date you will attend. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the SEIU booth at the event.
- View the County logo wear and purchase by 04/28/2017 to get special pricing.
- Visit the many booths that will be providing helpful information and giveaways.
- Raffle Prizes! Don't forget to stop by the ISD booth and fill out entry forms. Vendors will use this entry form to select their winners.
- Go green and bring your own cup for healthy infused water.
- Carpool, walk or bike to the event.
Don't miss this fun in the sun with delicious food, great information, and fabulous entertainment provided by your County family!