Volunteer Opportunities with
Disaster Relief Services
The County of Sonoma offers services and program that provide support in the event of a disaster. Opportunities may at times exist in multiple areas. These include positions that require certification and/or extensive training and many that do not. Additionally, there is often a need for administrative and clerical support within the departments that provide disaster relief services.
- Volunteer Firefighters – emergency positions as well as those in administrative support, mechanics, and fundraising.
- Auxiliary Communications Services within the Emergency Management Division – volunteers with FCC Amateur Radio Operators License to supplement the County’s emergency communications in the event of a disaster.
- Medical professionals in the Medical Reserve Corps – medical professionals needed in a public health emergency.
- Search & Rescue team members – to aid in the search and rescue for lost, missing, or overdue persons in unincorporated areas of the county.
Current opportunities will be announced below.
- If there are no listings on this page at this time, it could be that the department or program is not soliciting volunteers at this time.
- You can opt to submit an application and resume if you’d like, but there is no guarantee that you will hear from the department or program if there are not openings. Complete the volunteer application and email it to email@example.com drop it off at County of Sonoma Human Resources, Volunteer Program.
(PDF: 174 kB)
No Opportunities at this Time
We encourage you to submit your Application for Future Volunteer Position
We will notify you when opportunities are available.