If you are interested in participating in ACS as a volunteer, review the material on the website and follow the instructions below. If you still have any questions feel free to contact us.
- The minimum age for ACS volunteers is eighteen (18).
- Registration as a California Disaster Service Worker (DSW), required by law to qualify for Worker's Compensation insurance.
- Volunteers who drive on duty must carry current California auto insurance and a valid driver's license.
Volunteer Application/Contract - Required for ALL Sonoma County volunteers.
Please complete both pages. In the GOALS section of the application include your interest in volunteering for ACS and your call sign if you are a licensed amateur radio operator. The contract portion of the form is a simple statement of commitment from both the volunteer and the Department. Either party may terminate the contract at any time for any reason. This form must be signed and returned to the Fire and Emergency Services Department:
- Sonoma County Fire and Emergency Services Department
- Attn: ACS Program - Zachary Hamill
- 2300 County Center Drive, Suite 220B
- Santa Rosa, CA 95403
After your application is reviewed, you will be contacted. If you are accepted into the program you will need to schedule time to participate in Level One training to become registered as a Disaster Service Worker and be issued an ACS ID card and vest. Level One training is offered on the first Saturday of April and October. Training Page