Community Advisory Council (CAC) Meeting
December 2, 2019 from 6:00 – 9:00 PM
2550 Ventura Avenue
- Call to Order
- CAC Presentation on Use of Force Policy and Recommendations to Sheriff's Office
- CAC member discussion
- Public Comment (up to 3 minutes per speaker. However, you may also submit feedback in writing via email to Law.Enforcement.Auditor@sonoma-county.org and it will be reviewed by the Community Advisory Council.)
Agendas and Materials
Agendas and Materials: Agendas and most supporting materials are available on the Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach’s website.
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 08:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 2300 A County Center Drive, Suite A211, Santa Rosa, CA.
Google Maps™ Directions
511 Public Transit Directions
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, an alternative format, or requires another person to assist you while attending this meeting please contact: The Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review & Outreach, (707) 565-1534 or email: Law.Enforcement.Auditor@sonoma-county.org
Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure arrangements for accommodation.
Commitment to Civil Engagement
All are encouraged to engage in respectful communication that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. CAC Members, Staff, and the public are encouraged to:
- Create an atmosphere of respect and civility where CAC Members, County Staff, and the Public are free to express their ideas within the time and content parameters established by the Brown Act and the CAC’s standard Parliamentary procedures (Robert’s Rules of Order);
- Adhere to time limits for each individual speaker, in order to allow as many persons as possible the opportunity to be heard on as many agenda items as possible;
- Establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions;
- Foster meaningful communication free of attacks of a personal nature and/or attacks based on age, (dis)ability, class, education level, gender, gender identity, occupation, race and/or ethnicity, sexual orientation;
- Listen with an open mind to all information, including dissenting points of view, regarding issues presented to the CAC;
- Recognize it is sometimes difficult to speak at meetings, and out of respect for each person's perspective, allow speakers to have their say without comment or body gestures, including booing, whistling or clapping.
Public Comment at Community Advisory Council Meetings
Members of the public are free to address the CAC. Public comments:
While oral public comment on agenda items is always available during CAC meetings, the public is also invited to communicate with IOLERO staff and CAC members through email. Members of the public who would like to make statements that may exceed the time limits for public comment, suggest topics to be placed on future agendas, or suggest questions to be raised and discussed by CAC members of staff, may send an email of any length addressing these matters to Law.Enforcement.Auditor@sonoma-county.org.
CAC members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and generally may only listen. Should CAC members wish to deliberate on an issue raised during public comment, that issue may be placed on a future agenda of the CAC for discussion and possible action.