The Sonoma County Community Development Commission administers a variety of programs to support low and moderate income residents of Sonoma County. Using funds from the Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), and local County Fund for Housing (CFH), as well as funds from other sources, we administer programs to:
- Create and preserve affordable housing in Sonoma County. The Commission’s Community Development Division uses funding to administer a range of programs designed to assist low- to moderate-income homeowners and tenants
- Provide below market rate loans to housing developers to create rental units affordable to low- and very low-income renters, and homes for sale to low- and moderate-income first-time home buyers
- Provide low-interest loans to lower-income owner-occupants to make needed repairs to their homes
- Provide low-interest loans to home owners in targeted areas of the Russian River flood prone areas to raise their homes above flood level.
- Encourage and support neighborhood and community preservation. Below market rate loans and grants are provided to public agencies and non-profit organizations for public improvements (such as streets, sidewalks, sewer and drainage systems), and for public facilities (such as homeless shelters, parks, senior centers and accessible community buildings)
- Support Home Sonoma County, Sonoma County's homeless system of care
- Provide federally mandated fair housing services