Families on the Sonoma County Housing Authority’s waiting list are served based on preferences and the date and time of application. The Sonoma County Housing Authority has established the following local preferences for selecting applicants from our waiting list:
Preference is granted to applicants with household members in Any One of the following groups:
- United States Veterans or surviving spouses of veterans
- Persons with disabilities
- Seniors (62+ years of age)
- Families with minor children (under 18 years of age)
- Applies only to those who have been living in a unit in the jurisdiction of the Sonoma County Housing Authority (within the County of Sonoma, outside the city limits of Santa Rosa) for at least three months and the owner/manager is willing to accept the Housing Choice Voucher Program if the applicant is approved.
- Documents required at the time your name is reached on waiting list:
- A letter from the owner/manager certifying that they will accept the voucher.
- A copy of applicant’s lease in an appropriate size dwelling for the family listed in the housing application.
- Copies of utility bills for a 3 (three) month period verifying residency in the unit.
Important Note: Should a voucher be issued using this preference and the voucher is unable to be utilized in the “in place” unit at the time of voucher issuance, the voucher will be rescinded and the applicant returned to the waiting list.
You will only be required to provide documentation for any preferences that apply to you at the time your name is reached on the waiting list.
At this time we are unable to estimate the length of time an applicant will wait.