Springs Municipal Advisory Council Meeting
Español: Esta reunión cuenta con interpretación al español. Para participar utilice la información el enlace de Zoom (hyperlink to the zoom webinar--same as english). Una vez dentro de la reunión, seleccione español cuando se le indique.
Public comment during the virtual meeting: Members of the public will be recognized at the appropriate time for public comment. Those connected via Zoom must use the Raise Hand tool or dial *9 if called in. When indicated, members of the publicwill be allowed to speak, asked to unmute and make their comment. Depending on the number of commenters, the Chair may decide to set a time limit.
Interpreting available: In Zoom: to listen to the meeting in your preferred language go to the bottom right of your screen and click on the Interpretation logo. Select English or Spanish. You will automatically hear it the language selected.
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
2. Approval of Minutes of May 11, 2022 meeting Resolution
3. Public Comment Receive
(Limited to items not appearing on the agenda)
4. Community Event Announcements Receive
5. Chair Iturri Update (5mins) Resolution
• 2021-2022 Annual Report approval
• New membership council appointment update
• Update on Request for Budget Increase
• Updates on Promotional material, office supplies, banner, and logo
6. Supervisor Susan Gorin Update (5mins) Receive
7. Sonoma Valley Fire District Update (5mins) Receive
Informational update, fire preparedness, etc…
• Chief Steve Akre, Sonoma Valley Fire
8. SVCAC Update (5mins) Receive
Informational update and report out of the SVCAC May 25, 2022 meeting
• Member of SVCAC
9. Springs Specific Plan Draft EIR Informational Update (15mins) Resolution
Informational Update: project history, timeline, Public Hearing for Draft EIR and Community Engagement Opportunities. Draft Program EIR and related documents are available for review at: https://permitsonoma.org/longrangeplans/proposedlongrangeplans/springsspecificplan.
• Doug Bush, Permit Sonoma
• Consider appointing Councilmember or Ad Hoc to draft Comment Letter on Draft EIR to be approved at July SMAC meeting and submitted to Permit Sonoma during Public Review Period (5.18.22-7.17.22)
• Public comments on this item will be considered by the SMAC in the potential drafting of their letter and will not be considered official Public Review Period comment by Permit Sonoma
Break - 5 minutes
10. Caltrans Update (10mins) Resolution
Response to MAC’s letter requesting Traffic and Safety improvements
• Adrian Levy, District Branch Chief, Traffic Safety
•Consider appointing Councilmember or Ad Hoc to draft Letter of support if needed for continued advocacy
11. SVCAC Seat Discussion-Reopening 05.11.22 Vote (10mins) Resolution
Reopen discussion on Item 14 from the May agenda; reconsider options to ensure SMAC remains a 7-Voting Member Council
12. Ad hoc Updates (1min each) Resolution
Council Reports, Announcements and updates
• Consider appointing Councilmember or Ad Hoc to Roads Paving Project (as recommended by TPW at May 2022 meeting)
13. Consideration of Future Agenda Items (5mins) Receive
Share ongoing list of future agenda items and note others of interest
14. Adjournment Resolution
- SMAC Agenda English - 06.08.2022
- SMAC Agenda - 06.08.2022 SPANISH
- 07182017-Item-26 -ummary
- Springs-MAC-annual-report-2021-2022 DRAFT
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Sonoma Valley Citizens Advisory Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Board of Supervisors’ Office located at 575 Administration Drive, Room 100-A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.
Note: Consideration items will proceed as follows:
- Presentation by proponent
- Questions by Commissioners
- Questions and comments from the public
- Response by proponent, if required
- Comments by Commissioners
- Resolution, if indicated
Español: Para obtener la agenda en español, desplace hacia abajo hasta la sección indicada como “Meeting Documentation.” Aquí encontrara la agenda al igual que el material correspondiente a la reunión.
Open Meetings: Except as expressly authorized under the Ralph M. Brown Act (the State’s local agency open meeting law), all meetings of the Springs Municipal Advisory Council are open to attendance by interested members of the public.
Public Comments: The Chair will invite public comment for agenda items as they are taken up by the Committee. If you wish to speak, you may do so upon receiving recognition by the Chair. Please state your name and limit your comments to the agenda item under discussion. Speakers are limited to three minutes each; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demand and total number of speakers.
Public Appearances: Any member of the public may address the Committee on a matter not listed on the agenda as long as the subject matter is within the jurisdiction of the Committee . If you wish to speak, you may do so upon recognition by the Committee Chair. While members of the public are welcome to address the Committee, under the Brown Act open meeting laws, Committee members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda. Speakers are limited to three minutes each, six minutes for a member of the public attending with a translator; available time for comments is determined by the Committee Chair based on agenda scheduling demands and total number of speakers.
Disabled Accommodation: If you have a disability and require a sign language interpreter, assistive listening device, material in an alternate format, or other accommodation to attend, please contact Liz Hamon at (707) 565-2241 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting in order to facilitate arrangements for accommodation.