Mark West Citizens Advisory Council Meeting
Mark West School District Office, The Learning Center
- Call to Order:
- Roll Call
- Approval of MWCAC July 13, 2022 Minutes: ACTION ITEM
- Presentations: ACTION ITEMS None
To proceed as follows: 1. Presentation 2. Council Member Questions 3. Public Questions
- Presentations of Referrals from Permit Sonoma: ACTION ITEMS None
Consideration of proposed projects will proceed as follows: 1. Presentation by project applicant 2. Questions by Councilmembers 3. Questions and comments from the public 4. Response by applicant, if required 5. Comments by Council members 6. Resolution, ACTION, if indicated.
- Jen Mendoza Announcements/Reports: Information only, unless stated
- Crosswalk at El Mercado and Wikiup Drive
- Sidewalk on Carriage Lane: Striping this year and some
- Follow up on Carriage Lane
- Hawk light
- Sidewalks on Mark West Springs
- Council Member Announcements/Information/Discussions/Disclosures: Information only, unless stated
- Subcommittee Reports & Discussions: ACTION ITEMS
- Neighborhood Improvement Funding Program (NIFP) Subcommittee (Fies/Sherwood)
- Rebuild/Fire Mitigation Subcommittee (Sherwood/Fies)
- Wikiup Open Space (Lamberson/Would)
- Sonoma County General Plan for Mark West Area (Lamberson/Would)
- Community Services District (CSD) Subcommittee (Sherwood/Lamberson)
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items:
This time is set aside to receive comments from the public regarding matters of general interest not on the agenda but related to MWCAC business. Pursuant to the Brown Act, the MWCAC cannot consider any issues or act on any requests during this comment period. Each person is usually granted three minutes to speak; time limitations are at the discretion of the Chair.
- Pending Items: Updates when
- Utilities & Water
- “HAWK” light in front of Larkfield Shopping Center
- Schopflin Field
- Blue Book Updates: Boundaries
- Correspondence: Information only, unless stated
- Future Agenda Items: Potential items for future MWCAC meetings:
- Possibility of an update on the COPE program in Wikiup (Or Map Your Neighborhood) (TBD).
- Possible speaker on home hardening and vegetation management (TBD)
- Possible community clean up? Maybe in partnership with the
- List of unmet needs projects for Larkfield/Mark West/Wikiup (Presentation: Sherwood/Lamberson)
- Discussion: Impact on Mark West area concerning the consideration of a casino on Shiloh (TBD)
- Discussion: Community input on future of Schopflin Park – Bob Cipolla (possibly a representative from the Parks Department) (Maybe September)
- Adjournment: ACTION ITEM
MWCAC MEETINGS: 6:00 PM—SECOND WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH
Hybrid meetings until further notice
Mark West School District Office, The Learning Center, 305 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Council meetings are held monthly as noticed in SB 343; specifically, the second Monday of the month at 6:00 PM at the Mark West School District Office, The Learning Center, 305 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
Documents related to open sessions agendas:
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Mark West Citizens Advisory Council regarding any item on this agenda after the posting of this agenda and not otherwise exempt from disclosure, will be made available for public review at 575 Administration Drive Room 100-A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.
The Mark West Citizens Advisory Council will make reasonable accommodations for persons having special needs due to disabilities. Please contact the Mark West Citizens Advisory Council at (707) 565-2865 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting; to ensure the necessary accommodations are made.