Shopping at The Nursery
The Nursery at Jail Industries is temporarily suspending our horticulture program.
We will be hosting a CLOSEOUT SALE!!
SATURDAY OCTOBER 1, 2022, 9am to 1pm
Please note, we will not be scheduling plant sales appointments before or after the Closeout Sale.
It is with great sadness, that we must announce to our friends and supporters that the Nursery at Jail Industries will be temporarily closing. This program was designed as a vocational teaching program for incarcerated persons. We unfortunately do not have student inmates, due to our North County Detention Facility (NCDF) being closed. The Sheriff’s Office hopes to reopen this program in the future.
However, we sincerely thank all our supporters over the 30+ years that this program has existed. You have helped to make this program successful and we are grateful for your patronage.
FINAL SALE: Saturday October 1, 2022 9AM – 2PM
EVERYTHING DISCOUNTED!! EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!
All 1-gallon plants and larger will be $2. All 2” & 4” pots will be $1.
The Nursery at Jail Industries
2254 ORDINANCE RD. SANTA ROSA, CA 95403
For the safety of our guests and staff, capacity limits will be in place.
Be the first to get updates about events and what we have growing in the nursery by checking out our Plant Availability and signing up for our Newsletter.
- We are able to accept cash and check payment at this time and 100% of nursery revenue is invested back into the Horticulture Program
- All donation drop offs must be done during a scheduled appointment
- Customers will be required to maintain social distancing standards
Rules for your visit:
- If you plan to arrive on a non-public plant sale day, you must have an appointment prior to visiting the facility. Drop-in appointments are not permitted on non-public plant sale days.
- Do not talk to any inmate without previously receiving the instructor's permission and do not give any item to inmates at any time. This is intended for your safety and to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
- Furthermore, section 4570 of the penal code states: Any person, without the permission of jail staff, who communicates with any inmate or any person who brings any letter, writing, literature, reading matter, etc. to any inmate is guilty of a misdemeanor.
- The following clothing/attire is not permitted when visiting the North County Detention Facility or the Jail Industries Plant Nursery:
- No sports team attire or gang insignias
- No bare midriffs or low-cut tube, tank, or revealing tops