Skip to Content
Department of Human Services

Human Services FAQ

Apply for Benefits

If I need cash assistance to help support my family, how can I apply for benefits?

I lost my health insurance or can no longer afford the cost as a result of losing my job, how can I apply for medical benefits?

If I lost my job or had my hours reduced, how can I apply for unemployment?

If I need help applying for unemployment, who can I call?

Renewing Your Existing Benefits

Will I be required to complete my work requirements during the COVID-19 crisis?

If I lose my Medi-Cal Identification Card (BIC), can I still get it replaced?

What can I do if my children are currently covered by a Medi-Cal program with a monthly premium that I cannot afford as a result of COVID-19?

Do I need to call or visit a Human Services Department office to renew my Medi-Cal benefits?

Will In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) be impacted by COVID-19?

Does COVID-19 affect In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Payroll or Public Authority?

Reporting Abuse or Neglect

How can I report concerns about child abuse or neglect?

How can I report abuse or neglect concerns about an older adult or dependent adult?