LGBTQ Older Adults
The Adult and Aging Division is committed to creating welcoming and knowledgeable services, programs and systems for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) people.
The Sonoma County Senior Resource Guide offers a robust list of LGBT+ support services including:
- Advocacy services
- Community education groups
- Health care
- Legal support
- Social support groups
- Spiritual support groups
For more information on LGBT+ services countywide, visit the Sonoma County Senior Resource Guide.
While much remains uncertain, we know the value of human connection. For SAGE and LGBT pioneers across the country, the pandemic eliminated in-person group interaction. SAGEConnect links LGBT elders with their broader community, reducing isolation and promoting well-being. SAGEConnect matches volunteers who can commit to calling their match at least once per week with older LGBT people who are interested in receiving a call. Share your day and share your stories.
If you or someone you know would benefit from SAGEConnect, call (929) 484-4160. To register online use this LINK.
Free LGBT+ Awareness Trainings for All Caregivers
Caring for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBTQ+) Older Adults and Adults with Disabilitie
- Become empowered, supported and informed about the unique needs of LGBT+ older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Understand how the caregiver's approach affects the client’s care.
- Learn about LGBT+ identity and caregiving.
- Improve awareness and communications with and about LGBT+ people.
We encourage you to check back as Stay-at-Home measures are eased. Please contact (707) 565-5930 for up to date information.
- Training provided by: LGBTQ Connection, SAGECare and the Sonoma County Human Services Department Adult & Aging Division
- Training funded and sponsored by: County of Sonoma, the Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging, In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and the LBTQI Giving Circle Sonoma County