Civic Engagement Committee
The Civic Engagement Committee studies, reviews and advocates for legislative issues and concerns related to the well-being of seniors, adults with disabilities, and their caregivers in Sonoma County and makes appropriate recommendations to the Council.
The 1st Thursday of the month at 12:00 PM. To be held virtually on zoom for the foreseeable future.
Thursday, September 8, 2022
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm.
Virtual Meeting via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 815 9821 8714
Call In (If no computer access): (669) 900-9128
12:00 Rosa Welcome!
- Agenda review
- Approval of June minutes
12:10 Trayce “No, not that Triple AAA . . .”
- A (re)introduction to the Area Agency on Aging
- The Area Plan cycle
- The Governing Board and Advisory Council
- Civic engagement and collective action
- Let’s Discuss: Involvement of elected officials
12:45 Kathleen Let’s Discuss: Maximizing the Needs Assessment
- Review of Focus Group plan (see attachment)
- Strategies to connect with priority groups
- Assessing system needs as well as client needs
1:10 All Reports, updates, alerts, events, and resources
- Public comment
- Sign up to receive AAA newsletter email@example.com
1:20 Rosa Check your calendar
Sept 20 California for All Ages & Abilities
Sept 20 Transit Paratransit Coordinating Committee
Sept 21 AAA Advisory Council
Oct 6 Civic Engagement Committee
1:25 Rosa Final Comments & Adjourn