Executive Committee Meeting Notes for June 5, 2019
- MHB Treasurer’s Report
- Recruitment and Retention of MHB members
- Sharon Gorin, District 1 Seat is Available
- Shirlee Zane, District 3 Seat is Available
- James Gore, District 4 Seat is Available
- Voting of MHB Executive Committee Officers – Chair and
Resolution/Action:Sherry Weyers has been asked to chair this meeting and hold the vote for Chair (Kathy Smith) and Vice Chair (Dick Kirk) if there is a quorum (7 members present); otherwise the voting will be held at the next meeting on July 16, 2019 in Guerneville.
Mary Ann Swanson, Dick Kirk and Bob Hales will not be at the June 18, 2019 meeting.
Director’s Report/DHS-BH Budget Update/Updates of MH Systems Transformations
DHS-BH link: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Behavioral-Health/
Bill was not available.
- Special Topic
Proposed Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Expenditure Plan Fiscal Year 2019-2020
The MHSA Plan Update, Public Hearing
The MHSA Annual Update and Plan is available for public comment at: https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Behavioral-Health/Mental-Health-Services-Act/ - The document is found under the top line in the Annual Updates and Reports section.
Kathy Smith is the MHB representative to MHSA Steering Committee.
The MHSA Plan Update/Public Hearing is on Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at the Finley Center, Person Senior Wing
- Discuss Scheduling a Community Forum on Suicide
Awareness and Prevention
Bob Cobb asked for more contacts (Sherry to share the CALBHB/C member’s contact information and Kathy suggested contacting West County Community Health Centers about their senior suicide prevention program -- This is for Bob Cobb and Bob Hales’ proposal for a 2-hour workshop possibly in September; discussed what venues could be considered; discussed who to could be co-sponsors, i.e., NAMI
- Program Assessment Matrix (PAM) Ad Hoc Committee Update
Members: Shellie Hadley, Dick Kirk, Patricia Gray
Dick asked if Bob Cobb would like to join the PAM Work Group.
- Conference Attendance Approvals
- CALBHB/C meeting in Santa Ana, CA in June 2019
Sherry shared that she is not planning to attend the CALBHB/C meeting in Santa Ana, CA.
- NAMI Conference
She is looking forward to attend the CALBHB/C meeting in Sacramento in October and San Diego in January 2020.
- Changing MHB Executive Committee Meeting Time and Date
Discussed changing the time and day of the MHB Executive Committee Meeting from first Wednesday of the month, 10:30 AM-12:00 PM.
Rhonda will send out a poll to see what works best for the majority of the members.
- Other Issues
- PEERS Coalition Report
PEERS representative will be on summer break.
- CALBHB/C Reports to be Added as Agenda Item with Other Reports. www.calbhbc.com/
- Conference Reports
- Other Reports
- Chair's Report
- PEERS Coalition Report
- MHB Executive Committee and General Meetings Schedule and Proposed Topics
- Next Executive Committee meeting Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- MHSA Plan Update/Public Hearing on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 Finley Center, Person Senior Wing
- Request for Foster Care Mandates update from Nick Honey of Human Services Department in Fall of 2019
- Regional Behavioral Health Integration Project to present (contact Claire Cain)
- Public Comment