Fish and Wildlife Commission Meeting
Date: October 20, 2022
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Registration Required: No
- 10.20.2022 FWC Agenda (1) (PDF: 217.5 kB)
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Adoption of Minutes
- August 2022 Minutes
- Fish and Game Commission Notices
- Financial Reports
- August 2022 Financial Reports for General Fund
- New Business
- Funding for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) Response in Sonoma County. Since December 2021, HPAI has been sweeping south from eastern Canada and westward across the US. In July 2022, The Bird Rescue Center responded to a mass mortality event of Canada Geese in Santa Rosa, who were later tested and confirmed to have HPAI. Due to the highly contagious nature and near 100% mortality rate, significant changes to The Bird Rescue Center are necessary. Funding is requested to help support the first 13 weeks of a HPAI outbreak. $10,000.00. Ashton Kluttz, Executive Director, The Bird Rescue Center. First Reading.
- Old Business
- Annual Budget and Annual Report Timeline. Continue to gather information for rough draft annual report scheduled to be available to Commission for review in December 2022. Annual report to be finalized by February 2023.
- Ongoing Discussion Regarding Commission Outreach. Continue discussion regarding ongoing outreach and advertising efforts.
- Reports / Comments
Prior to the Meeting
Public comment may be submitted via recorded voice message or email.
Voice Recorded Public Comment: To submit public comment via recorded message, please call (707) 565-2029 by 5:00 pm Wednesday, the day prior to the meeting. State your name and the item number(s) on which you wish to speak. The recordings will be limited to three minutes. These comments may be played at the appropriate time during the hearing.
Email Public Comments: To submit an emailed public comment to the Fish & Wildlife Commission, email email@example.com by 5:00 pm Wednesday, the day prior to the meeting. Please provide your name, the agenda number(s) on which you wish to speak, and your comment. These comments will be emailed to all Commissioners.
During the Meeting
Public Comment Using Zoom: Members of the public who join the Zoom meeting will be able to provide live public comment at specific points throughout the meeting. Please take the time to locate the raise hand feature in the app, press the Alt & Y keys together on your keyboard, or press *9 to raise and lower your hand when calling in. Your name, or phone number if you call in, will be announced when it's your turn to speak.
Email Public Comments: One may also email public comment to firstname.lastname@example.org throughout the meeting. All emailed public comments will be forwarded to all Commissioners.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation or an alternative format to assist you in observing and commenting on this meeting, please contact Michelle Johnson at (707) 565-2970 or by email email@example.com by 12:00 pm Wednesday, the day prior to the meeting, to ensure arrangements for accommodation.
I Want ToClose Menu
- CalFresh food benefits
- Medi-Cal benefits
- Job with Sonoma County
- License your dog
- Marriage license
- Business license
Departments & AgenciesClose Menu
- Adult and Aging Division
- Ag + Open Space
- Agriculture, Weights & Measures Department
- Air Quality Districts
- Animal Services
- Assessor's Office
- Auditor-Controller-Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Child Support Services
- Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
- Client Accounting
- Community Development Commission
- County Administrator's Office
- County Counsel
- Economic Assistance
- Economic Development Board
- Emergency Management
- Employee Relations
- Employment and Training
- Energy and Sustainability
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Equal Employment Opportunity / ADA Public Access
- Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach
- Information Systems
- Integrated Waste
- Investment and Debt
- Safety and Health
- Sheriff's Office
- Sonoma County Employee's Retirement Association
- Sonoma Water
- Superior Court