- Continuum of Care
- Be Part of the Solution
- What We Know About Homelessness
- For Providers
- Get Help
- Subscriber Lists
- Back to For Providers
Continuum of Care Compliance
To help agencies ensure their funded programs are compliant with local, state and federal standards, we have provided the following references to guidelines for homeless service projects by funding source.
CoC Program Standards
Each major Housing First project category has certain regulations.
- Definitions of Homelessness
- Program Standards for Emergency Shelters (PDF)
- Program Standards for Homeless Prevention and Diversion Programs (PDF)
- Program Standards for Permanent Supportive Housing(PDF)
- Program Standards for Rapid Re-Housing Programs (PDF)
Continuum of Care: Permanent Supportive Housing for Chronic Homeless
As of January 16, 2016, Continuum of Care Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) projects are required to serve persons that are chronically homeless and may only accept new program participants that meet this definition (either 100% dedicated or dedicatedPLUS). Please refer to the Guide and verification packets to ensure compliance.
Regulations, Desk Guides, and Other HUD Resources
Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act
Administering CoC Projects
Information on the CoC national competition and previous award recipients